The Skull was an Argentinian assassin who was hired by Alejandro Sosa to work for him and is one of the newer recruits. Sosa sends him to Miami to kill Tony. He specifically though is the one who killed Tony Montana with a single blast from his shotgun to the back, sending Tony plummeting from an elevated balcony and into a fountain. His real name is never given and he has no on-screen dialogue. He is apparently nicknamed for his gaunt face and he wears large, circular, dark sunglasses, giving his face the appearance of a skull. He is first seen standing in the background where Omar Suarez arranges a meeting with Sosa in Bolivia, when another one of the Sosa Cartel, Alberto the Shadow, informs their boss that Omar was an informer for the New York Police Department. The Skull and Alberto take Omar to a helicopter where he is supposed to be taken back to Miami, but is instead murdered by the Skull himself by hanging.
During the mansion raid at the climax, the Skull is apparently one of the leaders of the hit squad sent by Sosa to kill Tony. He kills Nick the Pig by shooting him in the back of his head with a 12-gauge doubled-barrel Zabala shotgun. At the end of the movie, the Skull sneaks into Tony's office during the climactic firefight by climbing up a grapple rope to Tony's second floor balcony office, which was left by another assassin who killed Tony's sister Gina Montana-Ribera. The Skull murders Tony by shooting him in the spine with a single shot from his shotgun. He is then seen in the final shot, walking down the stairs amid the carnage of the climactic gun battle. He was portrayed by Mexican American actor Geno Silva. His fate after the film is unknown. It is implied he goes back to Bolivia with the rest of the surviving team and reports the successful assassination to Sosa
Scarface: The World Is YoursEdit
The Skull makes a brief appearance in the quasi sequel game Scarface:The World Is Yours, where like in the film he tries to sneak behind Tony and kill him. If the player stays still, the Skull will kill Tony which reminiscenes the ending of the movie, however the player must kill him in order to proceed into the game's storyline. This time, he uses a Pump-action Shotgun instead of a Double Barrel.
Characters killed by The SkullEdit
- Omar Suarez - hanged from a helicopter for being an informer of the New York police.
- Nick the Pig - shot in the back of the head (off-screen) with a shotgun for protecting Tony.
- Antonio Montana - shot in the back with a shotgun for betraying Sosa.
- The Skull has been compared by some fans to T-800 from the Terminator film series, played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, as they have several similarities, namely Their dark attire habit of wearing sunglasses all the time (even at night), usage of a shotgun as preferred weapon and cold emotionless demeanour.
- Though it should be noted that Scarface premiered almost two years before the first Terminator movie.